Friday, July 25, 2008

Simon was entered in the 2008 Tiny Tot competition at the McLean Co Fair. He was pumped up & ready to go... All smiles & giggles in the prep room... It was mass confusion as all the children milled around in their cutest clothes. Thankfully, Simon didn't have any hair to worry about - he's still a little cue ball! Brenda, my mother-in-law, bought him a cute little outfit w/ sea creatures on it. The little hat is what completed the outfit for me!


Competition was stiff... & included our friends Krystal and Lucas. Lucas is almost 9 months old. Krystal is my best friend who is married to Andrew's best friend. She & her husband introduced me & Andrew to one another that fateful November day. She & her husband got married in May of 2006 w/ me as her maid-of-honor & Andrew as a groomsman (although he didn't make it to the ceremony since he was in the hospital). Andrew & I got married in December of 2006 w/ her as a bridesmaid & him as a groomsman. I got pregnant (the first time) in December. She got pregnant in January (around the same time I had my first miscarriage). When my pregnancy finally stuck, she was already 3 months along.


Simon took a break and sat on the floor to await the results. He's now sitting unassisted for several minutes at a time. Most of the time when he falls over its because he's trying to eat his toes! He tried to eat his toes while we were parading in front of the judges. I don't think they saw or else they'd have noticed how cute he was! :-) He didn't win (although he should have), but it was an experience! In the end, the excitement just wore him out! This will probably be his 1st and only contest like this. I don't think its a good idea - nor do I want the hassle. It was fun once though!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box