Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 2...

I started my Adriamycin chemo treatment last night around 10 pm. I'll be here for 72 hours after that. So far I'm not having any ill effects from anything. I'm quite sore from the port insertion (and no one wants to give me any pain killers b/c of the baby &/or risk of hiding a fever). Its workable though. Andrew stayed the night & serenaded me w/ some gentle snores - just like home. I slept with Simon's soothie blanket and was able to smell my little boy all night long! It was comforting. Rachel is still bouncing on my bladder, so she's apparently not having any side-effects yet either! I'm going to ask to have her heart tones checked again either today or tomorrow just b/c I may as well! She's been pretty consistent in the 150s bpm. Its funny Simon was always in the 180s it seems & the old wives tale indicates it should be the opposite. I guess our kids are as contrary as Andrew & me!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Look at it this way....your first treatment is almost over! One down...3 to go (I think I read you were doing 4).
Let's be real...chemo is hard....but you WILL get through it.
Many, many blessings to you!

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box