Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 2

Today is day 2 of chemo. At 4 I go have my Agent Orange changed out. First though we get to go hear Rachel's heartbeat! Here's what I looked like yesterday. The bulge under my right arm is actually my pump. The big bandage is where my port & IV lines are attached. I'm wearing my 1st attempt at head scarf tying. Simon is having a blast on the 4 wheeler & didn't even bat an eye at his momma w/ a crew cut. He rubbed it & grinned.



Rachel did great yesterday! She wasn't very cooperative though as usual. According to her measurements (Haddock?) she was on average measuring 28-29 weeks. However, according to our 1st ultrasound & my conception date she's only 26-27 weeks! She weighed about 2.25lbs according to the measurements. All her vital organs are looking great too. Even though I've not gained much weight, she's doing the gaining for me! Dr. B said to just keep doing what I'm doing! We have a 3-D photo of her that I need to scan in (maybe I'll try to do that today... or I may be too tired) so I can share. Anyway, everything is looking pretty good.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You look great! I think you did a great job on the scarf!
I'm glad you're doing ok so far....I hope this proves to be a tolerable cycle for you!
Blessings to you and your family.

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box