Saturday, August 29, 2009

Farewell party

This afternoon Simon, mom, dad, Laura, Rowan, Abby, Sarah, & I all went to my grand-dad's in Calhoun for a going away party for my cousin, Austin. He's going into the Navy to ride around on submarines. We don't get together very often, so it was nice to see everyone. We had some great food - especially the fresh shrimp my grand-dad brought from St. George Island where he lives most of the time!

I'm doing pretty good today. My hair is driving me crazy falling out. I have that feeling you get when you get a hair-cut & the hair doesn't get caught by the cape. I itch all over, but especially my neck. I kind of just wish it would hurry up & fall out! My mom is intrigued by how steadfastly my widow's peak & cow-licks are staying. The top of my head is mostly bald, but the front is just thinned & short. I've been going mostly just in wide head-bands b/c I think its too hot for a wig. I'm feeling kind of self-conscious, but mom thinks it looks ok. Even Andrew doesn't think it looks too bad. I kind of feel that it makes my head look even smaller especially since my belly is growing pretty quickly. I'm wearing make-up more often to try to balance the sick/chemo look. Perhaps after this is over I'll actually be good at applying make-up!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box