Thursday, September 17, 2009

Unplugged - TG!

Today wasn't a good day, but it wasn't a horrible day either. It was just a day. I felt sick most of the day, but the positive aspect was I got unplugged. I also got my new head-scarf from FranceLuxe. They have a program called GoodWishes where they donate a free headscarf to chemo/cancer patients. Its really pretty and worth $74 on their website! With the scarf they sent me a card signed by various members of the company w/ good wishes hand-written on it. Very touching!

I'm really touched by how compassionate people are. I never really had the opportunity to notice before. Its kind of sad that until something bad happens, most people (myself included sadly) never really see all the good that people in the world accomplish. Its kind of like we never see all the beauty that God has blessed us with until its almost too late. We tend to focus on the negative aspects of life instead. What a waste of our God-given world to only see the negative. Its hard though to see through our pains, sufferings, inconveniences, and single-mindedness. I hope I'm learning through this experience to appreciate what I have more than ever.

I was emailing back & forth w/ a friend who has been having some health and family problems recently. She too has decided that priorities that seem important when everything is going 'normally' don't seem so important when you realize how fleeting life is. Some people are so blessed, yet they refuse to see it. Other people are looked down upon b/c it seems they were dealt an unfair hand, but live life to the fullest. I don't wish hardships on anyone, but I do wish awareness to everyone. Awareness of the awesome nature of God and His creation. Awareness of the silver lining in the darkest of clouds. Awareness of the love people show complete strangers (as well as family & friends) daily. In the words of Tiny Tim - "God bless us - everyone!"

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box