Friday, October 16, 2009

100th Post!!

This is my 100th post since beginning this blog shortly after Simon was born. Things have changed so much since then. Its amazing to look back at my life then verses now.

Then: 1 newborn baby boy... Now: 20 month old little boy and expecting a newborn baby girl in 6 weeks!
Then: Full-time working at the lab... Now: Full-time stay-at-home while fighting cancer & hoping to deliver a healthy baby girl.
Then: Healthy me & family... Now: Cancer diagnosis for me with chemotherapy and surgery in the future.
Then: A horse in the backyard... Now: an empty pasture waiting to be filled.

However, the important things have stayed the same: family, friends, and faith! I think this situation has helped Andrew & I grow closer together. We are more focused on each other instead of what's outside of our lives. We have a healthy, active, and loving little boy who brightens our lives as well as those of our families. We have a healthy, active, and hopefully loving little girl on the way to add to the brightness of our lives. We have learned that our faith community not only knows who we are, but also has great concern for us and our problems. Even though this is not an easy situation (cancer while pregnant),

I think we're making the best of it and we're going to end up better for this experience. I know I have a greater appreciation for others help and support that I've never really realized before. Accepting help can actually make you stronger. That's something I never realized - I've always been quite independent and 'strong' on my own. However, in refusing help, I was actually weakening myself. It is only in becoming humble that we can achieve what God wants for us. He wants us to be servants, but He also wants us to accept and acknowledge help from others. There can be no servants if there are no people accept the service. So don't just serve others, allow others to serve you!

"So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13 - How to get these? According to Blessed Theresa of Calcutta, "The fruit of Silence is Prayer. The fruit of Prayer is Faith. The fruit of Faith is Love. The fruit of Love is Service. The fruit of Service is Peace." Words to live by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, haven't I raised a wonderful daughter :) You go girl...and congrats on the 100th post!

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box