Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 1 of Taxol down!

Day 1 of Taxol chemo down. 3 more Taxol treatments to go. They'll be once every 3 weeks (at least that's the plan for now). I'm feeling kind of sick, but hoping that the drugs they give me will keep me from losing what I've been able to eat today. **NOTE** Please disregard blatant mis-pellings, grammatical errors & the like. I'm typing under the influence of some stout drugs!

My new growth of hair is most likely going to fall out again. Plus the usual fatigue and weakness associated w/ chemo. Hopefully I can fight it off & still be a good mom & wife for my family.

One of my biggest fears now is that I'm going to have a chain reaction if/when Rachel or Simon spit up/throw up. Its that kind of nausea... always in the background waiting for an excuse to escape.

I'm so relieved about the clear PET scan. That was truly wonderful news. I did finally get all the MD Anderson stuff straightened out - the hell w/ them if they don't like it! If something changes I'll put it up here ASAP.

Rachel is doing so well. I know all mom's say this, but she's *very* aware and advanced. She can smile kind of on request and/or in imitation. She already coos and 'talks' to get what she wants. If you catch her eye she'll follow you w/ her head and eyes if you move slow enough. Right now she's staring lovingly in Andrew's face and giving him smiles as he smiles & talks to her.

Simon's doing great too. We're slowly trying to figure out if he's ready to potty train. I think he's close, but not quite confident enough yet. He's still in love w/ Rachel though & wants to 'help' all the time. Its so sweet!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That's how I always looked at chemo...one down....how ever many to go!
Please dont' forget that you are still recovering from childbirth..and now you have this extra poison in your system. Try to take it easy. Just sit on the couch with the baby and rest! Have the phone, a computer (if you have a laptop), a book, the remote, some diapers and some puzzles right next to you. You don't have to be DOING something for your family right now. Just BE with them. Just be in the midst with them, participating with them. Let others do for you right now. Before you know it, you'll have begun your last treatment and chemo will be over. God has given you this time...time to let modern science work on the cancer (or what might remain of it)....let God do His part, let science to its part...you do yours...by TAKING IT EASY!!!
God Bless you and I'm so glad you're almost done!

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box