Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy birthday Simon!

Today is officially Simon's 2nd birthday! On this day 2 years ago right now I was in L&D hooked up to IV's (pitocin & antibiotics mainly). At 6:36 pm Simon made his way officially into the world. He's never looked back since. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to say that about yourself? That you've never looked back w/ regret, hard feelings, etc?

Yesterday the grandparents came over & man was it a full house! My mom & dad, Andrew's mom w/ her husband, Andrew's dad with his wife, and my granddad. The kiddos were in 7th heaven. Rachel got held the whole time & Simon got cake, gifts, & lots of attention! He loved every second of it!

Tonight we're experimenting w/ the kids in their 'real' beds. Rachel has been in mine & Andrew's bed-room in a pack-n-play since she was born. Simon has still been sleeping in the crib. However, tonight Rachel is in the nursery in the crib while Simon is in his race-car bed. He napped in there earlier today with no trouble. I'm trying to make it fun for him, but not too fun since I want him to sleep. Rachel is out like a light - like always. Simon is being a bit more difficult, but I think he'll settle down. The key is to not have him wake up Rachel since they're now right next door to one another.

For the next couple of days (until Tuesday I think) we're going to cling close to one another & spend as much family time as we can before my surgery. Even though this surgery isn't as major as the one I wanted, it'll still leave me unable to do much for a while. So we're trying to store up as much kiddo time as we can. Plus we're going to be gone for at least a week, so, we'll miss them.

I can't decide if I'm going to have a vague "Tata to the Tata's" moment or not. On the one hand, I've read that it can be beneficial. However, in the back of my mind its giving it too much attention. The end result I want is to look and be the same as I was before July 7, 2009. I know in *many* ways that's not possible, but my brain wants to at least pretend. I've also thought of taking photos of me now to see the changes. However, again, I'm wondering why? I can't go back and hopefully, like the pains of child-birth, my body image will adapt itself to my present condition, not my past condition. Oh well, I still have a week or so to think about it.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I had a "Bye, Bye Boobie Party"....
Just went out to dinner with some friends...a little low key. Strangely enought (and this is REALLY strange)...I had my husband take a picture of my breasts...So I can remember what I used to look like when I felt WHOLE.

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box